Historical situation developed in way that many people changed their place of residence because of certain circumstances. Up to August 24, 1991 many people massively moved to a permanent residence abroad in search of work or for other various reasons. However, Ukraine is increasingly attracting not only those who were born or lived here for a long period of time, but were forced to leave the territory of Ukraine due to the different political and socio-economic changes, but also foreign citizens, who are looking for new place to live.
In such a case, national legislation creates an opportunity to restore its unrealized status of a citizen of Ukraine, which, in fact, is regulated by the Law of Ukraine “On Citizenship” by Article 8 on the acquisition of citizenship by territorial origin, namely: if a person (one of her parents, grandparents, relatives / polygonal/ nephew brothers or sisters, children, grandchildren):
- were born;
- permanently lived until August 24, 1991 on the territory which became the territory of Ukraine or in other territories that were included at the time of their birth or during their permanent residence in the composition The Ukrainian People’s Republic, the Western Ukrainian People’s Party Republic of Ukraine, Ukrainian State, Ukrainian Socialist, The Soviet republic, Transcarpathian Ukraine, Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic (USSR).
If you obtain Immigration Permit, you can submit documents for Permanent residence permit. There is a list of reasons for obtaining Immigration Permit. One of such is the possibility of obtaining Immigration Permit by people who have the right to acquire Ukrainian citizenship due to their territorial origin.
This ground is the most popular and widespread for the last 10 years. The statistics show a rapid growth of number of people who wish to obtain a Permanent residence permit in Ukraine. Since the State Migration Service issued 15,175 Immigration permits in 2017, which is 107 more than in 2016.
As we have already сlarified, firstly you should obtain Immigration Permit and only after that, you can submit documents for the Permanent residence permit. The Law of Ukraine “On Immigration” determines following documents:
- application form;
- three photos (3.5 x 4.5 cm);
- notarized copy of the foreigner`s passport, translated into Ukrainian;
- document of the place of residence of the person (such document may be a mark in the passport or other);
- documents that confirm the right of a person to acquire the citizenship of Ukraine by territorial origin according to the Law of Ukraine “On Citizenship of Ukraine” (such documents may include: a copy of the birth certificate or other document confirming the fact of the person’s birth in Ukraine and many others).
- document confirming the payment of the administrative fee.
The period for considering an application for an immigration permit is up to one year, but as practice shows, Immigration Permits are issued within a few months.
After obtaining the above permission on the basis of territorial origin, you can proceed with the preparation of the residence permit.
- Application Form;
- Three photos (size 3.5 x 4.5 cm);
- Notarized copy of foreigner`s passport, translated into Ukrainian;
- Copy of the Immigration Permit;
- Document confirming the payment of an administrative fee.
The term of obtaining Permanent residence permit is.
According to the latest legislative changes, the validity of Permanent Residence Permit is 10 years. Of course, you can extend the validity of the document.
* It is important to know! If a foreigner comes to the territory of Ukraine for obtaining Immigration Permit he can extend the period of his stay in Ukraine more than 90 days.
The procedure for the production of a residence permit on the basis of the right to acquire citizenship of Ukraine by territorial origin, although it does not require many documents, when compared with other grounds, still requires a careful approach, and efficiency in the organization of the process. Some documents should be prepared in advance, especially those that should be obtained in the country of origin of the foreigner. In order not to waste your time and prevent negative consequences in the form of refusals to produce these documents, you can contact us and we will be happy to help you!