Ukraine, like any other civilized country makes it possible for foreigners to carry out business on equal conditions with Ukrainians. Article 26 of the Constitution of Ukraine states that citizens of other states or stateless persons who stay in Ukraine on legal grounds, have the same specter of rights and freedoms as citizens of Ukraine (except special cases specified by the Constitution).
Today we can observe a large number of foreign entrepreneurs who actively do business in our country. Various foreign companies, banks, enterprises in today’s Ukrainian realities are engine of economic progress. It is no exaggeration to say that they play a vital role in our business arena. And we are not talking only about foreign capital sources that feed our economy, but also a wide experience in the field of business, which we can borrow.
Thus, a foreign citizen can conduct any economic activity. There is only one condition – the legality of stay in Ukraine, confirmed by one of the following documents:
- passport that is valid and properly issued;
- a permanent residence permit in Ukraine;
- a temporal residence permit.
The very registration of private entrepreneur is done in the following manner.
Nowadays, there are two bodies eligible to register private entrepreneurs (both national and foreign ones) –
- A notary;
- Registration service.
The registration process and the amount of the required documents are regulated by the Law of Ukraine “On state registration of legal entities, individual entrepreneurs and community groups.”
Frequently asked foreigners when registering itself a natural person-entrepreneur (sole proprietorship):
– Can foreigner register a sole proprietor without any restrictions?
No. To be registered as entrepreneur foreigner must have a residence permit in Ukraine (temporary or permanent) and registration of address for a period of at least 6 months.
– If a foreigner relocate to Ukrainian IT company, could he/she be registered as sole proprietor?
Foreigner to be registered as sole proprietor should get a residency in Ukraine. The easiest way – is study, work permit or marriage. Since not all foreigners have the opportunity to marry with Ukrainian and IT companies working mainly with entrepreneur precisely in order not to hire them, thus the situation is not very simple.
– Can a foreigner entrepreneur pay simple tax (unified tax from revenue 5%)?
The procedure is as follows:
- A foreign citizen who wants to conduct business activity must get Ukrainian tax ID-number;
- Collecting documents and submitting them to the notary or state registrar. One will need:
- a completed application card on the state registration of individual entrepreneur;
- a copy of tax ID-number;
- a written consent of parents (if applicant is below 16-year age).
The state registration is free. But if you are registered at the notary’s office, keep in mind that notary’s services are always paid.
Contact lawyers of “Bachynskyy, Kolomiets and partners”, to avoid all potential problems and to simplify the procedure as much as possible.