Ukrainian legislation contains detailed rules concerning who, how long, and on which grounds may stay in Ukraine. If a foreigner plans to stay in Ukraine longer than his visa allows, it is worth thinking about temporal residence permit.
- right to be registered as private (individual) entrepreneur;
- right for family members to get temporary residence permit;
- possibility to take a consumer credit for personal needs;
- right of legal stay anywhere within the territory of Ukraine within term of the temporary residence card;
- possibility to take a credit for car or real estate;
- no need to fill in an immigration card when crossing Ukrainian borders.
- “family reunion” – if one of spouses is Ukrainian; as well, a foreigner with temporal residence permit has a right to invite his spouse or children to Ukraine;
- realization of international projects;
- cooperation with religion organizations;
- employment; including employment at international organizations;
- activity connected cultural, educational or scientific development;
- charity activity;
- carrying correspondent activity abroad;
- filling an application form at territorial subdivision of the State migration service;
- prepare necessary appendices to application;
- application may be submitted by a person over 16-year-age. Younger persons need their parents’ written consent;
- temporal residence permit is issued for a year with a possibility of annual prolongation;
- on the basis of international projects realization the permit is issued for the period of such project;
- on the basis of education the permit is issued for the period of studying;
- if foreigner’s personal data has changed, he/she is to inform the State migration service during 10 days;
- after expiration of the permit a foreigner is to cancel his/her residence registration and leave Ukraine during 7 days;
- the application examination lasts for 15 days;
- the very temporal residence permit is given to a foreigner personally;
- afterwards a foreigner shall register his place of residence in Ukraine;
- it is possible to get a new permit, if previous one is lost;
- the fact of getting a temporal residence permit is fixed with a stamp in a foreigner’s passport.
- an application form;
- foreigner’s passport with a type D visa;
- a bank receipt that confirms payment of state fee;
- 4 photos, size 3,5 x 4,5 cm;
- tax ID number (if available);
- documentary confirmation of family relations (marriage or birth certificates);
- medical insurance.
- A person provided false information or forged documents to the State migration service;
- If the ground for residence permit is stopped (the studying ended or the person is dismissed from work, etc.);
- If a foreigner has committed a crime and the investigation is being held;
- If foreigner’s acts threat Ukrainian citizens;
- If there is a court decision on the foreigner’s deportation from Ukraine.The fee for temporal residence permit is usually depending on the ground for temporary residence, place for registering accommodation (address) etc. The legal fee for temporary residence usually is fixed fee and include state fee, translation of the passport and medical insurance.Frequently asked questions by foreigners while obtaining a temporary residence permit:
– Can a foreigner get visa D without leaving the country?
After obtaining a temporary residence foreigner (even from visa-free countries like the US, EU countries, etc.) must obtain a visa D. Only after receipt of getting such visa a foreigner may apply for a temporary residence permit in Ukraine. To get a D visa foreigner should apply in the country of origin, sometimes in other countries, if provided by the Embassy of Ukraine (for example, the Embassy of Ukraine in Poland often takes foreigners from other countries and issue a visa, this information should be checked at the relevant embassy of Ukraine).– After obtaining a temporary residence should foreigners to be registered at address?
After getting temporary residence foreigner should register address.– Should a foreigner after obtaining a temporary permit to reside permanently in Ukraine?
No, foreigner after receiving a temporary residence permit may be in Ukraine as long as he/she needs.For getting temporary residence card, please, call us +380960020100