Until January 31, 2021, no changes are expected. UK citizens can still stay in Ukraine 90 days within 180 days without a visa. However, to apply for a temporary/permanent residence permit in Ukraine, they must obtain a.
To apply for such a visa, the legislation provides a general:
- a passport document that must conform to the following requirements:
be valid for at least three months after the declared date of departure from the territory of Ukraine;
contain at least two free pages;
be valid no more than 10 years;
- filled in and signed visa application;
(the application can be filled in on the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine);
- one color photo measuring 35 x 45 millimeters;
- a valid medical insurance policy with the coverage of at least 30,000 EUR or equivalent in another currency;
- documents confirming the availability of sufficient financial security for the period of the planned stay and return to the state of origin;
- a document confirming the payment of the consular fee, unless otherwise provided by law and international agreements of Ukraine
(the fee is paid on the spot when applying for a visa)
In addition to the general list, to confirm the existence of a ground for a long-term visa, one of the documents provided for by the legislation is additionally submitted.
The grounds for applying for a long-term visa affect the size of the consular fee. So, today, UK citizens who would like to obtain a type D visa on the ground of study pay a consular fee of $ 458; employment – $ 802; family reunion and immigration – $ 2002.
The total visa application period is 10 business days. In case when it is necessary to apply for a visa urgently (within 5 business days), you must pay the consular fee in double size. Therefore, in the case of obtaining an urgent visa, UK citizens who plan to immigrate to Ukraine or obtain a residence permit on the ground of family reunion must pay a consular fee of $ 4,004.