One of the options for foreigners and stateless persons is getting temporary residence permit. It entitles you to stay in Ukraine, work here and guarantees you a certain scope of rights. Ukrainian legislation sets categories of people who can get temporary residence permit. To get this very document one shall go through certain legal procedures.
Main categories of people entitled to get a temporary residence permit
The categories of people prescribed below have a right to get a temporary residence permit in Ukraine:
- Those who came to Ukraine with the aim of employment (at the presence of the certain document from their employer);
- Those who came to Ukraine to implement international technical support projects;
- Persons who came to Ukraine for preaching, missionary activities, religious ceremonies performance or other canonical activities if they were invited by religious organizations, registered in manner prescribed by the law;
- Those who came to Ukraine in order to work in the branch office, representative office, or other structural elements of foreign NGOs;
- People who are going to work for a foreign entity located in Ukraine;
- Those who have to work in branches or offices of foreign banks in Ukraine;
- People who came to Ukraine in order to hold cultural, scientific or educational activities under international agreements or special programs;
- Those who are engaged in Ukrainian voluntary programs or support local voluntary organizations;
- People who will work in Ukraine as correspondents or other representatives of foreign mass-media;
- Foreign students that are going to study in Ukraine;
- People who wish to reunite family with the citizens of Ukraine;
- People who married to a citizen of Ukraine during their legal stay in Ukraine (after two years of marriage, they are entitled to permanent residence permit);
- Those who stayed in a special section for people without Ukrainian citizenship and are in Ukraine illegally, but are not expelled from Ukraine for reasons that are independent from them.
Common and distinctive features of these categories
Undoubtedly, the procedures differ a bit depending on grounds for temporary residence permits. But the common features are:
- The period of documents considering is 15 days. Then the State migration service makes a decision.
- Temporary residence permit is issued for 1 year with possibility of annual prolongation.
Professional legal assistance will let you avoid mistakes and problems with your documents. Lawyers of “Bachynskyy, Kolomiets and partners” will help you with any legal issue.