If a foreign citizen who had received a temporal residence permit in Ukraine wants his family to live with him in Ukraine, they must also obtain a temporal residence permit.
To obtain such a permit members of an immigrant’s family have to collect and submit documents to the State Migration Service of Ukraine.
After obtaining a temporal residence permit immigrant and his family are able to:
- live in Ukraine up to 1 year;
- invite family members to take care of and get them temporary residence certificates;
- leave and enter the country is not a limited number of times;
- refer to the consulate of the country of nationality of their own and other countries in Ukraine.
After receiving of a temporal residence permit the officer of the State Migration Service puts a special stamp into a foreigner’s passport. This stamp proves that the temporal residence permit is now an official document confirming the legality of your stay in Ukraine.
For obtaining temporal residence permit for members of immigrant’s family, one shall submit the following documents:
- Application by the person that needs a residence permit;
- Passport and its copy (translated into Ukrainian and notarized);
- A motion by the inviting party;
- A document confirming family relations (as well, translated into Ukrainian and notarized);
- Medical insurance;
- Bank receipts;
- Four photos on matte paper size 35 × 45 mm. It should be noted that if religious beliefs of a person require wearing of a headgear, it allowed to take photos in a headgear;
- Copy of tax ID (if available).
Bases for refusal of giving temporal residence permit
The state can refuse giving temporal residence permit to a person if:
- the provision of permit can threaten national security or public order of Ukraine;
- the provision of permit can threaten health, rights or interests of citizens of Ukraine and persons who legally live in Ukraine;
- the passport is damaged, does not meet the legislative requirements, is forged or belongs to another person;
- the applicant provides false information to obtain a temporary residence permit in Ukraine;
- the applicant provides false documents;
- there is evidence that applicant for temporary residence did not completed a court decision or has property obligations to the State, individuals or legal persons, etc.;
- in other cases stipulated by law.
If you have received a temporary residence permit in Ukraine, and would like to invite your relatives to reunite with your family, lawyers of “Bachynskyy, Kolomiets and partners” are ready to help and take care of your family. Our highly qualified specialists will help your family with obtaining temporal residence permit in the shortest time. We take care of the proper preparation of necessary documents, their translations and notarization. We will save the time, you can spend with your family!