In accordance with Ukrainian legislation temporal residence permit may be prolonged at the presence of certain grounds. Foreigner’s stay in Ukraine with temporal residence permit cannot last more than 1 year.
A foreigner with a prolonged temporal residence permit gets a special stamp in his passport and needs to register his place of residence in Ukraine. One should keep in mind that:
- if prolongation of temporal residence permit is needed for citizens of visa-regime countries, registration is conducted in accordance with visa validity term, but no longer than for 6 months;
- for citizens of countries with non-visa regime prolongation.
Peculiarities of temporal residence permit prolongation
To prolong temporal residence permit one shall submit a written application to the State migration service not later than 3 days before the expiration date of one’s permit. The application is submitted from the very foreigner and from the inviting party (employer, educational institution, etc.).
The main thing is to mention the reason for prolongation:
- a reasoned motion by a company that employs a foreigner;
- official statement of an educational institution where a foreigner studies;
- statements from official authorities, confirming that foreigner is a tourist;
- objective impossibility to leave Ukraine;
- a motion of prolongation from scientific establishments;
- documentary evidence of Ukrainian origin of non-resident;
What rights does temporal residence permit provide? Firstly, the right to free movement within the territory of Ukraine; secondly – the right to get a consumer credit, etc.
The list of documents needed…
… depends on the aim and peculiarities of inviting party. Anyway, one will need applications by a foreigner and inviting party (either individual or legal entity), passports (documents confirming state registration of legal entity), photos, receipts of state fee payment. Documents shall be prepared beforehand.
Why do they reject to prolong temporal residence permit?
- The most widespread reason is connected with issues of national security and state interests of Ukraine. Public officials take into account protection of the environment, rights of Ukrainian citizens, public order.
- A person provided false information or forged documents to the State migration service.
- An applicant has violated Ukrainian laws.
- Non-resident or inviting party does not cover financial spending of stay in Ukraine.
The decision of rejection is sent to the applicant during 3 working days. One is entitled to appeal the decision of State migration service.