Sometimes a foreigner needs to expand his stay in Ukraine. In some cases, it is possible. To make it real, the foreigner has to collect the necessary documents, and inform the State Migration Service of Ukraine about the circumstances that cause the extension of his stay in Ukraine. If the foreigner has good reasons for stay, the state will prolong it. Nevertheless, sometimes it is very difficult to prove that you have those good reasons. “Bachynskyy, Kolomiets and partners” are always ready to assist you at this procedure.
The list of good reasons depends of the type of your visa. For people with a short-term visa such reasons include: medical treatment, pregnancy, medical care of a sick relative, submission of an application for immigration or Ukrainian citizenship. In this case, the stay may be extent for no more than 180 days since the date of the last entrance. For people with a transit visa natural disaster, emergent repair or illness are considered good reasons. In such case, the term of stay is prolonged by the time these circumstances stop existing. People with a long-term visa can extend their stay for 1 month if they didn’t manage to get a temporal residence permit.
Below one can find a list of necessary documents:
- Passport and its copy;
- Passport of the individual or the legal entity that is inviting party, and its copy;
- A document confirming that the foreigner stays legally in Ukraine;
- A document confirming that you have financial security, or that inviting party undertakes the expenditure;
- Documents for housing and copies;
- Four photos 35 x 45 mm;
- Bank receipts on payment of registration fee and payment services;
- Copy of the extract from the Register of Legal Entities (if such is the host);
- Translation of documents into Ukrainian.
Also, you will have to fill in an application that may be found on the web-site of the State Migration Service. You shall submit the application and the documents to the territorial subdivision of the State Migration Service. The examination of the documents lasts for 3 days. One shall submit the documents not earlier than ten and no later than three days before the expiration date.
- The person is dangerous for Ukraine;
- There are no good reasons for stay in Ukraine;
- There are mistakes in documents;
- The package of documents is not full.
Attorneys at law “Bachynskyy, Kolomiets and partners” are always ready to help and consult everyone who has any questions connected with immigration law. Do not hesitate to contact us.