If foreigners or stateless persons want to hold large financial operations or for some other actions they will need a Ukrainian tax ID code. Taking into account that its obtaining is connected with filling in a long application in Ukrainian, the procedure may become problematic for a foreigner who doesn’t know Ukrainian perfectly. If you have such a problem, lawyers of “Bachynskyy, Kolomiets and partners” are glad to make your life easier.
Situations, when presence of Ukrainian tax ID is compulsory:
- If a foreigner is to be employed in Ukraine;
- Enrollment to higher educational institution;
- Registration as a private entrepreneur or establishment of business in Ukraine;
- Achievement of the status of a shareholder in LLC or JSC;
- Opening a bank account;
- When concluding civil bargains that are notarized (purchase of real estate, prenuptial agreements, etc.)
The documents needed:
- Passport, its translation into Ukrainian and its copy;
- Application form (the form is approved by the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine and may be found on the Internet).
Yes, the list is short and these documents are to be submitted to the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine. The documents are examined during 7 days and then you can get your tax ID code.
If your religious principles forbid you to use an identification code, you have the right not to get it. Then, a serial number of your passport will be used instead.
When getting Ukrainian tax ID the most of problems may appear at the stage of translation (if there is a difference in certain documents) and filling in the application form, if a person doesn’t know how to do that.
FAQ by foreigners while obtaining identification code (tax ID):
– Does tax ID provide the right to reside in Ukraine?
Obtaining identification code provides no additional advantages or preferences to foreigners. In fact, it is only a code identification and it bears no legal consequences for a foreigner.
– What is identification number (tax ID) for ?
A foreigner with no identification code can not perform any legal actions, such as: 1) any notarial acts; 2) the purchase of real estate by foreigners; 3) registration of a legal entity (company) by a foreigner in Ukraine.
– Can a foreigner obtain identification number without his/her presence?
In order to get the identification number or to submit documents to obtain it without the personal presence of the foreigner must have a notarized power of attorney. At the same time, a foreigner can not issue notarial acts without identification code. But for this case there is a special power of attorney only for getting identification number (tax id) without the personal presence of the foreigner.
To avoid potential problems and overcome all the difficulties, contact professionals. Our company “Bachynskyy, Kolomiets and partners” is glad and always ready to provide you with qualitative services. Call us +380960020100