If you want to leave the territory of Ukraine in order to live permanently in another country, you need to get permit to leave for permanent residence outside Ukraine.
Note that there are cases when the departure for permanent residence to another state is forbidden. Categories of citizens who can get refusal in obtaining this permit, is determined by the Law of Ukraine “On procedure of departure from Ukraine and entry to Ukraine by the citizens of Ukraine”.
Documents needed for a permit
Citizens who want to get a permit to leave for permanent residence outside Ukraine should submit the following documents:
- Application with name and surname of the person leaving for permanent residence to another state. Also, the application must contain the passport data of the citizen and his phone number;
- Bill of payment for permit;
- Persons below 16-year age must present their birth certificates. Adults demonstrate their passports;
- Passport for travelling abroad;
- Copy of tax ID-number. If the citizen has refused from using tax ID, he must have a special stamp in passport;
- Men aged from 18 to 25 submit their military card (those who didn’t perform military service, submit the certificate from military commissariat);
- If children aged from 14 to 16 years are traveling for permanent residence to another state with their parents or guardians, their written notarized consent must be submitted.
One should pay special attention to the writing of names and their transliteration.
The application must be signed by the applicant personally and submitted personally or by the representative. The application is being considered during 3 months.
If State Migration Service gives citizen the permit for leaving Ukraine, a special stamp is put into his passport.
Grounds for refusal in giving permit to leave for permanent residence outside Ukraine
They are the following:
- If a person is aware of a state secret in Ukraine. In this case, it is forbidden to leave Ukraine for permanent residence to another state before the deadline, which is determined by the Law of Ukraine “On State Secret of Ukraine”. At the end of this period, a person may apply for granting such permit;
- If the person has any outstanding obligations related to contracts, paying aliments, etc. The person may get the permit after paying all debts and solving all disputes;
- If there exists a criminal investigation connected with a person;
- If the person is convicted. He/she can leave Ukraine only after the conviction is served;
- If the person (male) is to be called up for military service;
- If the person mentioned false information about himself.