In some cases, there is a necessity to submit a document confirming that a person doesn’t have previous conviction, is not under investigation and is not sentenced. Under current legislation, any person residing in Ukraine can apply for such a certificate. This person can be citizen of Ukraine or another country, who temporary reside in Ukraine.
As a rule, one may need the non conviction certificate in the following cases:
- To obtain a permanent residence permit in Ukraine;
- To get the citizenship of Ukraine;
- for employment of foreign citizens in Ukraine;
- To participate in the tender and preparation of tender documentation;
- If a person wants to take a bank loan;
- To obtain various permits and licenses;
- To obtain a permit for work with explosives, etc.
For presentation in Ukraine such a certificate is valid for 90 days from the date of its issue. When talking about external use – for example, submitting the certificate at consular offices or foreign representative offices, the document is valid for 60 days from the date of issue.
To get the certificate a person may apply to the territorial subdivision of Ministry of Internal Affairs independently or through the representative. It is to be issued during 30 days.
A foreigner must:
- submit the copy of passport pages with personal data, translated into Ukrainian;
- mention his previous name/surname, if this data was changed;
- mention the date of birth and the place of residence;
- mention the aim, which the certificate is made for.
Obviously, a qualified lawyer will avoid unnecessary hassle and save time. Lawyers of “Bachynskyy, Kolomiets and partners” will solve the problem as soon as possible. Contact us – and you will be able to spend your time for more interesting things.