In some cases, there is a necessity to submit a document confirming that a person doesn’t have previous conviction, is not under investigation and is not sentenced. Under current legislation, any person residing in Ukraine can apply for such a certificate. This person can be citizen of Ukraine or another country, who temporary reside in Ukraine.
When is the non conviction certificate needed?
As a rule, one may need the non conviction certificate in the following cases:
- To obtain a permanent residence permit in Ukraine;
- To get the citizenship of Ukraine;
- for employment of foreign citizens in Ukraine;
- To participate in the tender and preparation of tender documentation;
- If a person wants to take a bank loan;
- To obtain various permits and licenses;
- To obtain a permit for work with explosives, etc.
For presentation in Ukraine such a certificate is valid for 90 days from the date of its issue. When talking about external use – for example, submitting the certificate at consular offices or foreign representative offices, the document is valid for 60 days from the date of issue.
The order of getting non conviction certificate
To get the certificate a person may apply to the territorial subdivision of Ministry of Internal Affairs independently or through the representative. It is to be issued during 30 days.
A foreigner must:
- submit the copy of passport pages with personal data, translated into Ukrainian;
- mention his previous name/surname, if this data was changed;
- mention the date of birth and the place of residence;
- mention the aim, which the certificate is made for.
Help of a lawyer will speed up the case
Obviously, a qualified lawyer will avoid unnecessary hassle and save time. Lawyers of “Bachynskyy, Kolomiets and partners” will solve the problem as soon as possible. Contact us – and you will be able to spend your time for more interesting things.