Staying in Ukraine, a foreigner can get into various unpleasant situations. Sometimes they cause problems with the law, deportation and even a ban from entering Ukraine. Such desicion can be a serious impediment for businessmen, corporations and ordinary people who have their families in Ukraine. If this situation happened to you, do not despair. This decision can be appealed. For this, you will need support of qualified lawyers. Our company “Bachynskyy, Kolomiets and partners” can provide you our help.
There is a list of ground for such a ban, prescribed by current legislation:
- The threat by the individual to national security, public order, health and interests of the residents of Ukraine;
- Submitting false data by the person at crossing Ukrainian border;
- Filing false, inappropriate, or damaged other people’s documents (passport, visas to Ukraine and others.)
- Violation of rules when crossing the border;
- Violation of customs regulations or health standards;
- Failure to comply with the legal requirements of public authorities at the border;
- Failure to comply with the judgment of the court during a stay in Ukraine;
- Travel through the occupied territory without special permit.
These may be a reason not to let you enter Ukraine. If the violation will be solved after you have crossed the state border, it is a ground for deportation. In some cases you may be also imposed a ban to entry Ukraine for 3 years. In case of deportation, the stamp “persona non grata” is also put into your passport and that will cause you problems with crossing the state border in future.
To appeal against such a decision you will have to take a matter to court. If you are appealing against the deportation you will have to leave Ukraine anyway. The case will be heard by Ukrainian court. In such situation a professional lawyer will be useful.
“Bachynskyy, Kolomiets and partners” are glad to suggest you our assistance. We have a wide experience in the field of migration law and are ready to help you with any migration issue, such as obtaining temporal or permanent residence permits, visa to Ukraine, immigration permits and getting Ukrainian citizenship.