Ukrainian legislation foresees different forms of liability for the offences committed by foreigners during their stay in Ukraine. In fact, citizens of foreign countries have a double status in Ukraine. They are within the jurisdiction of their native country, but on the other hand, they have to abide Ukrainian laws.
The passport that is not valid, absence of temporal residence permit, employment without a work permit, violation of residence registration rules – all these actions are considered to be immigration offences and entail legal responsibility.
Immigration offences in details
Let us dwell upon main types of immigration offences under Ukrainian legislation.
- Violation of rules concerning stay in Ukraine and transit through the territory of Ukraine. These offenses include the following:
- Staying in Ukraine without documents or with false documents – for example, a forged permanent residence permit in Ukraine;
- Employment without work permit;
- Violation of the order of movement and place of residence change;
- Evasion of departure from Ukraine after the expiration of permits;
- Violation of the rules regulating the temporary residence registration of foreigners in Ukraine.
- Violations of conditions of foreigners’ employment in Ukraine, their education, housing and the improper paperwork.
The law provides specific penalties for committing administrative offenses prescribed above. Representatives of state control bodies operating in this area, after detecting the offense make up a protocol in which the offence is recorded. Then a penalty is inflicted for a foreigner who is guilty of an offense – the relevant articles of the current legislation determine the size of a fine.
Legal support is a guaranteed protection of your rights
It is a matter of common knowledge, it is far easier to protect your rights with the assistance of a professional lawyer.
The presence of a lawyer is very useful when compiling the protocol on administrative offense and during the payment of the fine. This will help the offenders to exercise their rights and freedoms fully and to protect themselves from the tyranny of the representatives of state regulatory authorities.
Therefore, it is important from the beginning of your stay in the Ukraine to contact a qualified lawyer, who, if necessary, would be able to represent your interests. No one is immune from crime, even a person who plans clearly and carefully follow the rule of law.
To begin with, it will be useful to get a detailed consultation on the basic rules of stay in Ukraine. It is necessary to find out all the details regarding registration, residency and other issues that may concern you. Ignorance of the law does not exempt you from liability, while knowledge will help to avoid mistakes and false steps.
Attorneys at law “Bachynskyy, Kolomiets and partners” provide foreign citizens with a complete package of services concerning administrative offenses in the area of immigration, namely:
- Full support in compiling the protocol of the administrative offense;
- Full support at the payment of fines;
- Representation in governmental bodies.
Make your stay in Ukraine straightforward, and we will help!