Under Ukrainian legislation, if you have married to a citizen of Ukraine, you would be able to get a permanent residence permit only in 2 years. However, during this period one can have a temporal residence permit. This document will grant you legal bases for stay in Ukraine during these two years.
Grounds for obtaining temporal residence permit
After marriage registration every adult foreigner (as the marriage age in Ukraine is 18 years) is entitled to apply for temporal residence permit. It is not difficult, but one should keep in mind that:
- you must stay legally in Ukraine;
- you must apply not later than 15 days before the expiration date of your stay;
- you need Ukrainian visa (type D; until other is prescribed by international instruments between Ukraine and your country).
The order of temporal residence permit issuing
If you decided to get the temporal residence permit in Ukraine on the ground of marriage, you will have to make some steps. Sometimes, the assistance and consulting of a qualified lawyer is needed. First, you have to collect the documents:
- Passport or substituting document (with visa, if necessary);
- Copies of the pages of the passport with visa and personal data;
- Motion by your spouse, who is a citizen of Ukraine;
- Marriage certificate and its copy;
- Medical insurance;
- Receipts for payment of all state fees;
- Four photos of 35 to 45 mm;
- A copy of Ukrainian tax ID (if available);
- Translation of documents in Ukrainian.
If your religious beliefs forbid you to appear in public with your head uncovered, the you can take photos in a headdress, but only if there is the same situation with the photo in your passport.
The payment comprises three parts: the state fee, payment for services of the State Migration Service and payment for the blank. Some categories of citizens are exempt from paying state fee. In this case, they should present the documentary confirmation of their right not to pay.
Second, the foreigner has to fill in an application form according to example that can be found at the State Migration Service. Examination of the documents lasts up to 15 days. Then you get your temporal residence permit. Please, do not forget this document is valid for 1 year and needs annual prolongation.
Legal assistance during permanent and temporal residence permit obtaining
There are cases when state refuses to grant the residence permit. There are three of them:
- The foreigner is dangerous for Ukraine or its citizens;
- There is a mistake in the documents submitted;
- The documents are false.
If you have doubts that you do everything correctly, do not hesitate and ask “Bachynskyy, Kolomiets and partners”. We will help you with obtaining your temporal residence permit that your stay in Ukraine be happy.